Bow-wow and Mew-mew by Georgiana Marion Craik
- Ray's Primary Arithmetic, First Book (1885)
- Mathematics Enhancement Programme (Primary Extension) is interactive, provide text & worksheets, lesson plans, and it's all free.
- Daily Devotionals is a great way to start the day!
- Daily Bible Reading We use the 1 year reading plan from Bible Gateway.
- Bible stories for little children by M. Jones
- Maybe Mamma's Bible Stories for Her Little Boys and Girls by Lucy Wilson
- Sequel to Mamma's Bible stories by Lucy Wilson
- Fifty Famous People by James Baldwin
- Fifty Famous Stories Retold by James Baldwin, Audio at LibriVox
- Thirty More Famous Stories Retold (PDF) by James Baldwin
- The Goop Directory by Gelett Burgess, Audio at Gutenburg.com
- Goops and how to be them by Gelett Burgess
- More goops and how not to be them by Gelett Burgess, Audio at LibriVox
- Cronet Instructional Videos
- The Project Gutenberg eBook, Boys and Girls Bookshelf; a Practical Plan of Character Building, Volume I (of 17), by Various
- A Child's Garden of Manners
- Highroads of Geography by Anonymous. A nice printable can be found at fliiby.com
- First lessons in geography: on the plan of object teaching : designed for the Beginner
- Or First lessons in geography, or, Introduction to "youth's manual of geography"
- The men who found America by Frederick Winthrop Hutchinson
- The Beginner's American History The AUDIO can be found at BooksShouldBeFree
- The Life of George Washington by Josephine Pollard
- Word Mastery: A Course in Phonics for the First Three Grades , pp 65-109
- McGuffey's First Eclectic Reader, Revised Edition by William Holmes McGuffey
- McGuffey's Second Eclectic Reader by William Holmes McGuffey (1879)
The Bobbsey Twins or Merry Days Indoors and Out by Laura Lee Hope (Edward Stratemeyer 1862–1930)
- The Bobbsey Twins in the Country by Laura Lea Hope
- Learn about using the library as a source of information. Learn how to use dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc. Some helpful websites can be found under Library Skills in this blog.
- JUST SO STORIES By Rudyard Kipling, Audio at LibriVox
- Grimms' Fairy Tales by By Jacob Grimm, Wilhelm Grimm, Edwin Gile Rich, Audio at LibriVox
- Aesop's Fables by Aesop, Audio at LibriVox
Here is fantastic Aesop's Fables website
- Tuck-Me-In Tales (Arthur Scott Bailey)
- Uncle Wiggily & Friends
- Five Little Peppers Series Book and the Audio
- Dotty Dimple Series
- A Picture Book for Children
- Physical Therapy Exercises
- Chambers's Elementary Science Readers (1912) book. You can also find it at manybooks.net. The eBooks are FREE at manybooks.net
- The Stories Mother Nature Told Her Children by Jane Andrews 1888 book at Google or Audio
- The Adventures of Reddy Fox, by Thornton W. Burgess Audio:
- The Adventures of Paddy the Beaver, by Thornton W. Burgess
- The Adventures of Poor Mrs Quack, by Thornton W. Burgess
- Clara Dillingham Pierson Series
- The Tale of Jolly Robin by Arthur Baily Scott
- The Tale of Solomon Owl by Arthur Baily Scott
- Identify the Seven Continents
- Pearson/Scott Foresman People and Places Workbook and website
- Lucy Fitch Perkins Twin Stories
- McGuffey's Eclectic Spelling Book, starting at lesson 6.
I put the spelling words on SpellingCity.com which says the word for the child, spells it, and uses it in a sentence. Games with your spelling list can be played as a reinforcement. Tests can be taken and checked by SpellingCity.
- Spelling Connections workbook by Zaner-Bloser in .pdf format
- Helpful Sites
- Recordings of Books on the Ambleside List on LibriVox
- CALENDAR: We use calendars.net to keep track of what we have going on. Our calendar is http://my.calendars.net/ihomeschool/ and password protected.
- GRADES: We use Homeschool Skedtrack, an online planner, scheduler, and tracker. It prints your report card for you!